A Group with a commitment
As an industrial player, we are aware of our impact on the environment.
We have been working along the coast since 1984, on the front line to witness its deterioration, pollution and the consequences of global warming.
This has incited us to make CSR* a focal point of our strategy. There are many challenges to be faced, but we are constantly seeking new ways to adapt our practices and our business model, with the ultimate goal of providing a better response to the challenges of the future: enabling people to live in better harmony with their ecosystem.
As a company, we contribute to:
- the deployment of a new, more eco-responsible model
- the fight against global warming
- the fight against marine pollution
* CSR: Corporate Social Responsibility
Low carbon strategy
As an industrial player, Poralu Marine has a duty to attenuate its carbon footprint and adapt its model to the changing climate. The Group calculated its Carbon footprint at the start of 2022.
A roadmap has been drawn up, based on this report:
–> Reduce our greenhouse gas emissions by 4.2% per year, in line with the Paris Agreement (COP21 2015) and the standards defined by the SBTi.
The Group’s targets:
- Attenuation: reduce the carbon footprint of our activities
- Compensation: contribute through voluntary carbon offsetting
- Adaptation: adjustment of our business model to climate realities
- Contributes to CO2 sequestration (equal to 17% of our impact)
- Supports a practical, certified project implemented by a French forest management company with more than 30 years’ experience in forestry
- Responds to three of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals: numbers 8, 13 and 15
- Broadens our action beyond our value chain
The Group innovates in the area of environmental preservation and invests in R&D to create new products, projects and services.
We strive to optimize our historic products to reduce their impact.
In 2019, we implemented a Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) on our historic bestseller: the dock (1 dock represents an average 5T CO2-eq). This analysis revealed the importance of recycling of our products at the ends of their lives and the progress to be made in the area of eco-design. Various solutions are currently being investigated or are already available to our customers: biosourced materials, recycling, anchoring without damaging the seabed, collection of waste and waste water, anticipation of rising water levels, etc.
Through our commitment approach, we are lucky to be able to work with other companies, charities and NGOs that share our convictions.
We will work hand in hand to achieve our shared goals.
The communities and ports that implement sustainable tourism development policies in the long-term are rewarded by the International Blue Flag, which symbolizes exemplary environmental quality. This label is now present in 48 countries on all continents; with over 5,000 certified sites, it has become a reference in the areas of tourism, environment and sustainable development.
Office website https://www.blueflag.global/
We also work in partnership with: 4Ocean, International Trash Trap Network, Great Lake Plastic Cleanup, Keep America Beautiful, Lifegate, Cleanride, BPI Coq vert, …